Duration : 15 hours
Friday 22 February 2019, Friday 1 March 2019, Friday 8 March 2019
This module will cover in particular the following topics :
1. Brief historical and economic background
2. The notion of State aid: legal concept v. economic theory
3. State aid administrative procedure (European Commission procedure)
4. Judicial review (EU and national courts)
5. Compatibility assessment of State aid: the central role of economic theory – the balancing test
6. Compatibility assessment of State aid: focus on rescue and restructuring aid (including financial crisis measures), regional aid and energy and environmental aid
Each Friday the course will take place on the premises of the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium (FEB), Rue Ravenstein 4, 1000 Brussels from 13.00 to 18.00. Sandwich lunch at 12.30
1 The Brussels School of Competition will ask registered participants to provide proof of their academic qualifications.
The concept of "LL.M." is here used as a generic term to refer to a specialised study programme taught in English which can only be undertaken by students holding an officially recognised academic degree in law and/or economics.
Only written cancellations addressed to Mr Charles Gheur (Brussels School of Competition, Rue des Sols , 1000 Bruxelles) shall be considered. Fees shall only be reimbursed where the participant’s place is cancelled at least 5 working days before the beginning of the module.
We intend to use the information you provide to organise events and keep you informed of our future activities. In accordance with the Data Protection Act ( 8 December 1992), you are entitled to consult your details and have them corrected if necessary.